My kids loved the pulled pork BBQ made with Coke and BBQ sauce that I used to make at least once a month (recipe here).
One day, Clone of Bob suggested that Bob make HIS sauce for the pork BBQ. Up until that point, he only made it for chicken wings. Well, let's just say that I do not make it with BBQ sauce and Coke anymore...the kids wouldn't hear of it!
So, here's a sort of, kind of recipe...I have no exact measurements since we toss it all in until it tastes good.
Bob's Secret Sauce Ingredients (Plus a half a stick of butter or margarine)
- 1/2 Stick of margarine or butter
- Plain ol' BBQ sauce
- Buffalo wing sauce
- In a saucepan, melt margarine or butter over low heat.
- Add BBQ sauce (approx. 1/2 to 1 Cup)
- Add honey (approx 3 Tbsp.?)
- Add buffalo wing sauce (approx. 2 Tbsp.?)
- Keep adding the last 3 ingredients until it tastes good to you. It should be slightly sweet with a bit of bite (or more if you like it hot).
What to put it on:
- Shredded Pork: I cook a boneless pork roast (about 1- 1 1/2 lbs.) for a few hours on low. No seasoning, no added water. Then I let it cool and shred.
- Chicken Wings: We like to grill them until a little crispy then coat with the sauce.
- Anything else you can think of!