I was searching for recipes that used ham, cheese, potatoes, and eggs and really couldn't find anything. Some used ham and potatoes, some used ham and eggs; not potatoes and eggs all at once. So, I decided to come up with something myself.
I'll admit that there is probably a recipe similar to this out there, but I couldn't find it.
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (this is approximate...you could use more or less)
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- Dash of Milk
- 8 oz. Package of diced ham
- 3-5 Potatoes (diced and cooked...not fully cooked, but just cooked, like for potato salad)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray an 8x11" baking dish with cooking spray
- Put potatoes in bottom of baking dish
- Spread ham over top of potatoes
- Sprinkle a light layer of cheese over that.
- In a separate bowl, scramble together eggs, egg whites, and milk. Add pepper, if desired.
- Pour evenly over potatoes, cheese, and ham.
- Top with more cheese.
- Cover top with aluminum foil
- Bake covered for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Makes about 8 servings.