Monday, January 20, 2014

A Few Updates...

I thought I would post a few updates on progress and such...

Last week or so (time runs together lately) I posted about DIY gentle face wash. It works just fine, but I am going to tweak the recipe just a bit because the current recipe is very watery. However, my face is clean, not breaking out, and soft.

A while ago I posted about the Currents in Literature curriculum. Clone of Bob is doing well with it (when I can get him to stop complaining...he just doesn't want to do any literature, it isn't the book). However, I did give in to one concession. I am working on making copies of the 'workbook' I posted so that the kids can just type the answers out on their computers and not have to do a bunch of actual writing. We are now living in a technological world, and I'm willing to let them do that much. As I get each chapter done, I will update the original blog post.

The table and chairs are almost finished. I ended up recovering the chair seats because I really wasn't going to have time to pull out the sewing machine. The first few weeks of school are always hectic while I get my bearings. Bob smashed his fingers in the loose chair seats, so we had to get the seats reattached ASAP. We bought a clear tablecloth from Walmart for $5 and used that to put over the fabric of the chairs so that they'll stay clean. One plus to that--the cats now stay off of our kitchen chairs. No more will I be in fear of getting fur all over my rear while eating dinner. I don't know how long the plastic will hold up, but when you only pay $5 for it, it's worth a try. I will post about that whole project soon.

Otherwise, we're keeping usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment