Monday, August 19, 2013

Drinking Enough Water Every Day

Three years ago, I was on a weight loss kick and drinking a lot of water. I had a great system to help me know exactly how much water I drank every day. Then I started school, and it was like a switch was flipped in me and I had no desire to count calories anymore. I wanted that Hershey bar, darn it! Anyway, I deviated away from my water consumption system as well.

Bob said something to me the other day that made me realize that I'm not drinking enough water every day. So, I went back to my old system and it helps tremendously!

I have 5- 16.9 oz. water bottles that I have numbered 1-5. I make sure they are filled every night before I go to bed. I start with bottle #1 every day. If I get to bottle #4, I know I'm doing good. If I start bottle #5, then I'm doing really good!

My original 'system' was 4-20 oz. bottles, but we don't buy that brand anymore, so I had to go to 5 bottles to get a good amount of water in me every day.

When I empty a bottle, I clean it and refill it with filtered water and stick it back into the fridge, then grab the next number. If you're the type of person that has to have flavored water, you could add Mio or something like it to the bottles very easily. Just remember to clean them really well before refilling.

A warning...I've seen stuff here and there about BPA or other chemicals in bottles being linked to breast cancer and obesity. To be on the safe side, I don't leave these bottles in the car in the heat. I did look into it on Snopes and found that this information is a mix of true and false. I'd rather be safe and change my bottles out for new ones every so often, and make sure they don't get hot.

Another option is to get certified BPA free reusable water bottles and keeping a few of them in the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. I REALLLLLLLLLLY need to start doing this!!! SIGH......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't work for me every day (like yesterday), but at least I KNOW whether or not I drank enough.

    ReplyDelete