Friday, January 23, 2015

Fly on the Wall-January 2015


Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 14 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.


Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:


 http://www.BakingInATornado.com                     Baking In A Tornado
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/                 Spatulas on Parade
http://followmehome.shellybean.com                     Follow me home
http://www.menopausalmom.com/                        Menopausal Mother
http://stacysewsandschools.blogspot.com/           Stacy Sews and Schools
http://dinoheromommy.com/                                   Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
http://www.JuiceboxConfession.com                      Juicebox Confession
http://batteredhope.blogspot.com                            Battered Hope
http://www.gomamao.com                                        Go Mama O
http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com                      Someone Else’s Genius
http://thesadderbutwisergirl.com                            The Sadder But Wiser Girl
http://www.justalittlenutty.com/                             Just A Little Nutty
http://themomisodes.com                                         The Momisodes

______________________________________________________________

Poor Clone of Bob had a pimple on his cheek. Well, actually, he had two side by side. Our dinner conversations are so wrong at times...Bob asked Clone of Bob if he had gotten bitten by a spider or something. Boo piped up and asked him if he was going to turn into Spider Man...Clone of Bob replied, "What, and shoot webs from my nose?"
_____________________________________________________________

This happened last year, but since this is my first Fly on the Wall post, I think I can get away with it: I'm a terrible mother at times...Clone of Bob smacked his elbow on something in the kitchen. He's writhing in pain on the floor and I'm laughing my rear end off. I told him he hit his funny bone...he replies, "That's why they call it the funny bone! Everyone laughs at you when you hit it!" I'll admit that I laughed even harder. Poor kid!
_____________________________________________________________

I think it's kind of funny how dependent we are on texting these days. I had my phone on silent the other day and totally forgot about it. It sat in my purse all day and I didn't care. Now, keep in mind that I have a house phone that rings loud and clear when you call it. My brother sent me 5 texts that day, each one wondering why I wasn't responding. He then decides to text both of my kids...hello!? You can't CALL my house? Anyway, when I finally responded to his text he texted back, "Um. Our phones die without our constant attention. Remember that. And don't feed them after midnight." One of his earlier texts said, "Really? Still nothing? Your cell phone is gonna walk out on you if you don't pay it some attention."
_____________________________________________________________

The puppy went through a bout of the runs. So, to give his digestive system a rest, I started feeding him rice with a little bit of chicken. Once his system started going back to normal, I started mixing his dog food into the rice and slowly switched him back over to it. He loved the rice and threw and absolute fit when he finally got a bowl of just his dog food. Bob, ever the clever one, took a cup and put a little bit of water in it and made some noise around the kitchen. Then he put the water over the pup's food and the little snot ate it up. He was tricked by this ploy because he thought Bob put something special in it.
______________________________________________________________



19 comments:

  1. I love the comment about your cell phone walking out on you. They're so smart these days, I actually think maybe they could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine's used to being ignored, lol! I used to always get the "why do you have a cell phone if you aren't going to answer it?" speech.

      Delete
  2. TOO FUNNY!!!!
    Poor Clone of Bob!!! LOL
    You know how I am with my phone, if it hasn't left yet I think yours is safe! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, SOOOOOOOOOOO glad you joined us!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phones die without constant attention - haha! I liked the funny bone comment too! Welcome to Fly posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of these---so funny! Your little clone of Bob is quite the character and has a great sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to meet someone who isn't married to their phone. I swear, no one texts me unless I don't have it on me. It's kind of like having small children who need you when you are using the rest room.
    I'm going to try that water trick with my dogs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course the phone rings when I forget to take it somewhere with me. It's gotten to the point where I'm expected to carry it into the bathroom...

      Delete
  7. LOL my mom is almost 70 and pays more attention to her cell phone than I do. She loves texting. Your brothers messages made me LOL for real!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my mom (about that age) pays more attention to hers too.

      Delete
  8. I have done the same thing with my phone - on silent without realizing it -- gosh, people really DO get upset. But, yes, the house phone does work! Your pup may be trying to tell you something. I have researched this for years and have not yet found one dog food that is actually GOOD for dogs. Have written a couple posts about. When we switched to a natural diet for our dogs, they never again had to go to the vet and that was 8 years ago. If you are interested, let me know. Your dog will thank you and so will your wallet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to do this for our older dog, but we can barely afford to buy meat for ourselves right now. We settled on a grain free option that they both seem to enjoy and benefit from at this point. Down the line, I hope our situation changes, and we can make our own food.

      Delete
  9. Apparently cell phones are Gremlins - don't put them in water and don't feed them after midnight - classic!

    The line in our house is: You know why they call it a funny bone? 'Cause it's funny to everyone - except YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, lol! Of course, when I hit my funny bone, I laugh. I think others laugh harder, though.

      Delete
  10. oh that cute dog...Our Balboa knew if there was human food in his bowl...he would hold out util he got some of our food..

    oh, that funny bone hurts so flipping bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankfully, the little one now eats his food without any fanfare. Scarfs it right down. Our older dog, on the other hand, can smell human food a mile away...but still eats his dog food...he's a piggy.

    ReplyDelete