Monday, December 16, 2013

I'm Back...tenatively

This last semester was eventful, to say the least. Between homeschooling the kids, taking college courses myself, tutoring two days a week at the college, and taking care of my home, I had no time for much else.

I got my first B this semester due to my American History class. It irks me because I was doing so well at keeping straight As. History was never my strong suit--I was always getting Ds in high school in history. So, this B has taught me that you need to stick with your strong suits (although, I'm not sure what other class I could have taken in that category that I would have done better in).

We took a trip to Tennessee around Thanksgiving to give some friends a hand with their move into their new home. We were near Nashville. The area was beautiful, and we only went into Nashville once to go to a hockey game (Predators vs. Rangers).

We had a pair of ferrets given to us, also. That has been an interesting experience, let me tell you. They're cute and funny, but they stink! We've been trying different methods of cutting down on the smell. I'll be making some more hammocks so I can change them more than once a week, so I'll probably post about that when I get to it.

Meanwhile, here's some photos from our trip:


Hmmm...I can't remember what else we've done over the past couple of months. It's been THAT kind of semester. Thankfully, I only have two classes and an internship next semester. No more tutoring--I've decided that isn't for me. I want to be able to concentrate on my internship, so I am freeing as much time as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment