Thursday, October 2, 2014

Easy Mini Pot Pies


Boo and I both like pot pies; the guys don't. So, on a night that I'm making fish for the guys, I'll make Boo and I something we like and they don't. Last week it was Mini Pot Pies.

I debated on the crust. Traditional, frozen pot pies are made with actual pie crust. When we went to the store to look at our crust options, I decided to try pizza crust.



Ingredients:

1 roll refrigerated thin crust pizza dough

1 can creamy chicken soup (not concentrated)

Muffin pan




Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Spray 6 cups of your muffin tin with non-stick spray

Open pizza crust, roll out, and cut into 6 pieces. Then cut each piece into two, making one a little bigger than the other.



Place the larger pieces of crust into each of the 6 muffin cups.

Bake for about 10 minutes, or however long your crust instructions say to pre-bake.

Fill each up with soup, then top with smaller piece of crust, sealing as much as you can.



Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until top is golden and inside is heated through.


Boo liked these and my mom and brother both tried them and liked them. I probably would have loved them if I used a different soup. The Banquet soup had celery in it, which is fine for other occasions, but not for pot pies in my opinion. Progresso makes a Chicken Pot Pie soup that is very good, and probably would have worked perfectly for this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!! Even easier than mine! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try different crusts and play around with it a little. :) Simple is key, though.

    ReplyDelete