Monday, December 23, 2013

One More Ferret Hammock- No Sew

I made one more hammock...it took all of ten minutes. I used a piece of fleece (left over from the No-Sew Blanket), a pair of shoelaces, and four small D-clips. You could use any fabric that will not fray easily.

Step 1: Cut your fabric to the size you want for the hammock. Mine ended up about 14" x 26" because I wanted to fold it in half for extra strength.

Step 2: If you cut yours so you can fold it, do so.

Step 3: Cut a small hole in each corner, about to the size that will fit the tip of your pinky into.

Step 4: Cut two shoelaces (approximately 45" or less) in half. Then tie one shoelace into each corner with a knot.

Step 5: Put a knot at the other end so you have a loop to attach to the D-clip.

Step 6: Attach D-Clips and hang. I couldn't hang mine because my ferrets were sleeping in the two that are currently hanging and I didn't want to disturb them.

Precautions: Use a washable material, one that you feel confident you can soak to remove odor if necessary. I would also watch the stretch factor of your fabric. You don't want your poor ferret to end up on the floor of the cage because the fabric stretched so far.

Tip: This could be a fun and easy project for any kid who can use a pair of scissors and tie a knot.

This should be the end of the ferret hammocks for a while, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment