Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Allergy Season Sucks

During the first week of April, we were at the beach. With another couple, we rented a beach house and both families stayed there for the week. The pollen was flying, but I didn't have ANY sinus issues. No headaches or anything.

As soon as we got home, my headaches (and other allergy symptoms) started again. I have had a headache every day since April 6th and it's driving me insane. I finally figured out that I probably have a sinus infection... so on to my internet search I went.

I found a great article right to start with at the Natural Society: Home Remedies for Sinus Infection-Natural Sinus Infection Treatment

I'm not a fan of apple cider vinegar, but if it might give me some relief, I might have to give it a try.

Some more great suggestions (some of them repeats from the link above) Earth Clinic: Cure a Sinus Infection

I kinda thought the suggestion of "Cayenne Snorting" was funny, although I am sure that it would definitely clear the sinuses.

I also saw "Oil Pulling" on the list. I had completely forgotten about Oil Pulling! I've used coconut oil for this in the past. It's been months since I did it, even though I should be doing that every day (another post for another time). The very first time I did it, my sinuses drained. It was unbelievable. All I was doing was swishing coconut oil around in my mouth for about 15 minutes.

So, I'll start the oil pulling, and the apple cider vinegar. I'll probably also take my garlic and vitamin C just to be on the safe side.

If I could get rid of these headaches, I could get a lot of posts done... it's hard to work on anything when the best you can accomplish is a dull roar. I've been on pain relievers and still have a headache; nothing seems to knock it out.

2 comments:

  1. HUGS!!!!
    SO glad the oil pulling is working!!!
    I agree about the apple cider vinegar. BLECK!!!!! The Hubby bought me some sort of "remedy" when we were in the mountains. It has A LOT of apple cider vinegar in it and I can barely stand to take it. Upsets my stomach. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of apple cider vinegar at all... I haven't brought myself to take it. Thankfully, the oil pulling is really helping. I haven't had a headache yet today!

    ReplyDelete