Saturday, February 2, 2013

Breakfast Ideas!

I'm am finding, as I get older, that I cannot eat sweet stuff for breakfast. I'm probably pre-diabetic. So, cereal, Pop-Tarts, Toaster Streudel, and all those other sweet things you can eat for breakfast need to be cut out of my diet.

So, I went in search of things I can make and reheat in the mornings:

Cheesy Ham and Hash brown Casserole was one of the first things I thought of, and I found a great recipe on Allrecipes.com (this could also be used for dinner!). The only problem is that it's not really a heat-and-go food. Meaning, I'd have to sit down with a fork and eat it. It's kinda hard to drive that way. Mondays and Wednesdays, I have to leave early for classes, I don't have time to do that.



Jimmy dean has a recipe using their Sausage Crumbles (which I'm sure you could make this recipe using any cooked and crumbled sausage) called Sausage and Egg Breakfast Cups which sound really simple and tasty!



I also found a Bacon Cheese Muffin recipe at Allrecipes.com. I imagine this one could be made using real bacon bits, instead of having to cook your own bacon (& bacon bits are cheaper and don't have as much fat attached to them).

Here's a recipe using crescent rolls at Cooks.com: Sausage Popovers

Loving the Little Things posted a recipe for bacon and cheese popovers, sounds really good! I couldn't see the images, though.

So, I think I have my arsenal ready... lots of different ideas for sugar-free breakfast, without trying to substitute the sugar in something.

4 comments:

  1. My stomach just growled and I think there's a bit of drool on my keyboard... LOL
    Those look GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eileen! I'm finding myself in the same place as you with the sugary stuff. I've been meaning to look for recipes but haven't had time. So thanks for searching for me!!! :) These all look good and I can't wait to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're quite welcome! Sometime soon, I'm going to play with stevia in some recipes as well... get the sweet without the sugar rush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! The biscuit cups are pretty good, I've tried them already.

    ReplyDelete